02 Jun BLACK BEAN & SWEET POTATO CHILLI
BLACK BEAN & SWEET POTATO CHILLI
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce (or to your spiciness)
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can canned diced tomatoes
- 300g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 600g sweet potato, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, chopped
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- Sour cream and fresh coriander leaves to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring for 5 mins, or until onion is soft and golden.
Add the garlic, ground coriander and cumin and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add stock, tomatoes and sweet potato and bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook on low for 10 minutes.
Add the capsicum, corn, beans, tabasco and cook until sweet potato is soft.
Serve on rice with avocado, coriander, sour cream and extra tabasco or fresh chillies🌶🥑💚